Friday, May 20, 2011

Arizona here we come!

So, I am going to pick up the cargo van today from my friend, Elliot at Enterprise Rentals.  Should be a fun lunch.  Christa and Trey are picking me up at work running to the rental place, driving the van home, then having them drop me back at work.  Oh yeah, and finding something carb-friendly to eat along the way.  No problem.

Tomorrow I will be on the road around 5 or 5:30.  Pick up my sister, Virginia in Temecula and then off to Tucson to pick up some furniture from my sister, Carole, who is moving to Savannah.  Can't wait to see my now credentialed and Master's Degreed nephew, Tim.  So proud of him!  He is going to be a GREAT teacher!

Still trying to get the final details worked out with the venue.  The lady that runs the events is very nice, but is also very concerned with covering her um... self. So she runs everything by her supervisor.  We are trying to get enough time in to get the rentals there the day before as well as most of the decorating and get a rehearsal in too. Trying to figure out the timing is interesting to say the least. 


My patient, Tess, suggested that we try restaurant.com to see if we like the food at the restaurants that have been suggested for the rehearsal dinner.  We are going to try Raffelo's and J.Trani's.  We are also looking at using Hotel Current's patio/pool area and hiring a taco cart.  YUM!  I love taco carts and it's very So. Calish.

Since I'm out of town this weekend, I started a community page for my mom on www.lotsahelpinghands.com  It's a place where friends and family can coordinate care for people, organizations and events. Since I can't get over to see my mom, I listed Visiting Evelyn as an event and almost immediately my friend Corina picked up the weekend visits.  Thank you, Corina!  But the idea is that if people know what is needed and it is shared with lots of other people, more things will get done without burning people out.  It is great because you only commit to what you want to do at times/days that are convenient for you.  The needs of the person are listed so nothing gets over-looked and no one takes on more than they want to or feel comfortable doing.  I'm really an advocate for this site!

Well, time to get dressed.  I hope to have lots of pix and video of our weekend adventure to post on here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment