Sunday, August 14, 2011

Busy Saturday - 4 weeks until the wedding.

Christa is happily attending JetBlue University, again.  They let her miss her orientation since she had it before so she could fulfill her obligation to Ikea and work her last day there.  Thanks, JBU!  There is some kind of basketball tournament between the various airport provisioning teams taking place in Orlando so she has been cheering on the LGB team.  Sadly, they lost yesterday.

Saturday was sooooo busy.  I went to Sam's Club to buy the last of the candy buffet items for Alex's wedding (2 weeks, YIKES!), then did regular grocery shopping at Stater's, unloaded everything (thankfully Randy has a few hours of surplus time off work to help me) then I went to drop off the flower girl's dress and tiara.

Kids grow so fast during the summer!  We may need to buy yet another dress, LOL.  It fits her now, but just barely.  We are going to try it on her a week before the wedding.  If it's too small I will be picking up one more thing in L.A. that week.

Then off to the 99 cent store to finish off the Out Of Town bags.  I was able to get razors and toothbrush kits.  As well as some stuff for Gunner (ring bearer) and his baby sister, Rowan.  Later, I worked on the labels for the water bottles and got them put on.  The template I posted on here was for a different brand.  I tried using all kinds of different templates, but wound up just making my own, ARRRRGGGGGHHH!

I had lunch with DeeJay, the videographer.  We caught up on what was going on in eachother's lives.  He was one of my Drama Babies at Long Beach Poly.  He also attended the YMCA Youth Institute (CORAL) like Christa did which is where he learned the videography.  He and one other Y kid will video the wedding and then Christa will do the editing herself.

After I dropped him off I took Christa's dress back to Francess.  After trying on the dress again, Christa decided that, while she wanted to be bold, she didn't want to be so bold as to show her booty to all her guests.  So, she is installing a modesty panel about half way up the back.  Still showing skin, but not her ghetto booty!

Then to Staples.  Got the label paper and a paper-cutter.  I've been using the one at work in my off time and decided to just go for it.  With two weddings in four week, I will probably need it again!

Got home and worked on the labels (see above) for a few hours.  Checked out the pictures of Randy's niece, Shauna's wedding being posted by folks in Wisconsin.  Then off to meet the photographer, Zack, at the venue.

Lanterns

Long tables - We're using rounds

More of the ceiling

Showing with the doors open

We got there ahead of the photographer and were able to sneak upstairs and peek at the way they had it set up.  Randy took some pix before the ceremony ended and we had to leave.  Unfortunately, Zack didn't get there til just after that.

While waiting for Zack, we bumped into a bride I've corresponded with, Camile, from the wedding bee boards www.weddingbee.com She and her finace were just adorable!  They are looking for a venue and are considering the bath house at my suggestion.  It was so great to meet someone from cyberworld IRL and she was such a nice lady!

We walked around with Zack and his assistant, Dawn, and looked at sites for where he wanted to get pix, talked about the various events and then went over to the vacation house I rented for Christa to get ready in.  Unfortunately, it was rented so we only got to look at the outside.

All in all, a very productive day!

Sunday I'm going to do a mock up of the candy buffet and get the wedding stuff in the front bedroom organized!

On a parting note, I thought I would share this photo of my co-worker, Maiko (pronounced like Mike with and O), with you.  She was heating up some curry in the "Maiko-wave" and when she pulled it out, she tripped a little.  Curry went EVERYWHERE; walls, table, floor, but somehow it missed HER.  This is a pic of her cleaning up the last of it off the blinds.
Maiko and her curry!

No comments:

Post a Comment