Saturday, August 20, 2011

T.V. or Not T.V. That Is The Question

I've been awake since 3 a.m. (again) so I decided to update a little.  We were contacted by a new reality show called "What Are You Worth".  It will be on the A&E network and stars the guy from Storage Wars, Berry Weiss.  Apparently they help out families that are trying to do something special for their children. Sports, music, academics, etc.  Well, they wanted to do someone with a wedding and I had left my profile open on a casting site when Christa was thinking about doing a wedding show to help pay for the wedding.  So, they contacted me.  We've done a phone interview and filled out an application, sent pix of us, the house, my blog (Hi Sarah & Kate), my Facebook, etc.  The major complication is that Christa is in training in Florida.  Then she starts her jobs in the Bay Area.  Plus the wedding is 21 days from now.

So, they wanted everything by 8 AM last Thursday.  But now I haven't heard anything back.  Part of the "story" is the party we are throwing the night before the wedding.  I'm not sure how much to work on getting the yard and such ready vs. how much they want to shoot before it's ready.  Or whether to go through the stuff I want to have appraised on the show and digging it out for them.  Do I need to get a storage locker for all of Christa's wedding stuff that's in the front room and bedroom?  A little crazy-making.  But I'm really excited to think that all the relatives that couldn't make it, might be able to see some of it on T.V.

Trixie, the wayward Kitty and great Mouser!
On a side note, Trixie, our black kitty, came home last night after being away for almost 2 weeks.  She was quite hungry, skinny and thirsty. She must have gotten trapped somewhere! So happy to have our great huntress home!  She was happy to have the other cats gone, LOL.  The mother cat really tortured her.

Alex and Pablo
Tonight is Alexandria and Pablo's reception dinner.  They are having a bar-be-que and I'm bringing my famous dip and a fruit platter.  Should be lots of fun.   One week until their wedding.  Everything's moving so fast!  They are using the same D.J. as us and I'm excited to hear him at a wedding.

Well, I guess I'll get my day started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment