Saturday, January 29, 2011

Life, in general

Still looking at venues.  Christa didn't like the one that I loved in Anaheim from the website.  She didn't even want to go and see it. She did like the one in San Pedro and she's going with Trey to look at it in person on Monday.  I'm hoping to drive by it today, but might not have time as I'm waiting for the Dish-network guy to come replace my box.  We are going to El Dorado today to look at their place.

Gillian and Carole 1979

Alexandra Thanksgiving 2010
My mom was in the dining room watching t.v. when I got there.  She was happy and upbeat.  I took her out on the patio to enjoy the last day of summer weather for a while.  Someone told me that this January was hotter than last July.  Weird weather.  At least we're not like the East where they have used up their snow removal budgets one month into winter.  I had some pictures in my purse that we looked at.  Some old ones of Gillian that I had re-printed for her and some of Thanksgiving with Jon's baby, Alexandra in them.  We couldn't believe how much Alex looks like her auntie!  She looks a lot like Christa did as a baby too.  It was really bothering Mom that she couldn't remember being at Thanksgiving.  But it bothered her more that she couldn't remember her own wedding.  For some reason, she can remember her cousin, Jean's wedding vividly.  Personally, I think it's because of the near-sibling rivalry my mom always had in her head about Jean.  She kind of tossed me out after about a half hour today.  I think I was making her uncomfortable by making her aware that her memory was going.  She told me, "When you think about getting older, you don't like thinking about not being able to do for yourself any more, but here, it's really nice and comfortable.  And you get pushed in a wheelchair by your daughter.  That's really not so bad."  She really does like it where she is and she really does like the interaction with people her age and her caregivers. But she is still quite upset about her nice roommate that is ill.
My friend, Corina, came into my work today for a quick physical therapy screen.  I hope I'll be able to work a deal for her so she can come to our AFT program.  It's a program for our former patients that want to keep up the progress they've made in PT.  It's twice a week and they get to work out with a trainer and can advance the program as they improve and reach plateaus.  We have quite the regular crowed.  I've had patients tell me it's a real community.  Our morning group comprises mostly of housewives and retirees, all but one female and the male, really like that, LOL.  They have been most helpful so far in helping me find venues and one has even gotten me started on my candy bar, bringing me a beautiful jar she wasn't using.

I was hoping this was going to be a little more humorous.  Guess that will come along in time.

My cat, Amber is trying to entertain me now by running the length of the house and jumping and clearing the two wide steps in a single bound from 5 feet back.  She would be Olympic Class if they had Cat Olympics.  But when she gets "shark eyes"  she is down right scary.  You know that if she wanted to, she would find a way to kill you, lol.  She and my other cat, Trinket are now rolling on the floor "fighting".  Trinket is always so melodramatic, she yowls and cries like she's really hurt so Amber will let go and then she attacks.  Amber falls for it every time SMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment