Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

I know it's been forever since I posted anything new.  Haven't really been feeling like writing much.  Plus, with Twitter and Facebook and Instagram, I feel like most people I care about know what's going on in my life.

My daughter and her husband have been happily married for over 1.5 years now.  They are still living in Hayward so I don't see them anywhere near as often as I'd like to.  No grandchildren on the horizon yet.  My daughter is a total fitness nut right now.  She worked hard to get her body into great shape and then had a monkey wrench thrown into her routine when a drunk driver hit us on the 15 freeway right before Christmas. No broken bones, but a few months of recovery until she could get back to where she could work out again.  I'm very proud of her dedication and devotion to her routine.

This is my first Mother's Day without my mom.  She passed away last September. I thought I would feel really bad.  But, I'm actually doing o.k. I guess I really did know that she was ready to go and that she is no longer in pain.  Plus, the last 3 years of her life were the best I'd seen. She really blossomed at Alamitos Belmont.  She made new friends her own age, became quite social and the staff loved and cared for her.

It probably helped that was able to see 2 of my 4 sisters on Friday as well. We still have eachother even after she's gone.  We've never been particularly close.  I really thought after she passed we would just fade from eachother's lives.  Luckily, that hasn't been the case.

On the great news front, I have a new god-son!  He is 5.5 months old.  He makes my world new again.  I am really enjoying the time his mom lets me spend with him.  I'm also grateful to my husband who indulges me and let's him come over and occupy my time.

That's all for now.  Love your mom's while they are here.Love your kids while they are close. If you didn't have a great mom, you can still BE a great mom!  Surround yourself with people that not only love you, but that genuinely LIKE you.










1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete