Sunday, April 17, 2011

So, My mom is done hating me and other tales (Nina's Wedding)

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated!  My mom is done hating me.  She actually likes her new roommates.  She is finally adjusting and much happier over all.  A good move for her.  Of course, her witchy, evil roommate from her old room is now in the hospital.  I'm sure it's my fault some how, LOL.  I saw Mom yesterday between a wedding and a reception.  We had a nice long visit.  My sister, Carole, talked to her on the phone for a while.  Unfortunately, Mom was not having a great memory day.  She kept repeating subjects and couldn't remember that Carole was moving or that Christa was getting married, etc.  But she seemed happy and relaxed.  She was really enjoying the weather.  It got up to at least high eighties and was probably over 90.  She loves to sit on the patio and look at the sky. We walked her through folding a dollar into a simple heart.  She really enjoyed it.
Nina and Wolhan Ovalle

Luis, a former co-work and groom's brother
We went to my former coworker's wedding yesterday. Nina and Wolhan Ovalle.  Such a lovely bride.  It was great to hang out with my coworkers and celebrate the union of our friends!  They come from lovely families and will have lots of support as they make their new lives together.  I'm putting in a bunch of pictures here.  Christa and she are using the same florist, The Fresh Blossom, so I took pix of all the decor too.  I didn't see Julie (the florist) at the reception, though.  There were a lot of people!  Nina didn't have a videographer, so I went around talking to people and getting their advice/well wishes for the couple.  Randy made it through by taking Dilaudid and Vicodin.

Since my last update, Randy has developed two, count 'em two kidney stones.  Both of them are 10 mm or larger.  One is in the ureter and one is in the kidney.  After my finagling with his primary care doctor and the IPA (Lakewood IPA for Healthnet HMO), we got him in to see a urologist.  But, I mean, it only took a WEEK.  Then there were all kinds of issues about whether he needed another referral to see him again the next day to show him the x-rays he ordered. Even though the x-rays were less clear than the CT scan they had taken in the Emergency room the week before.  We are still waiting for the authorization to come back from the IPA for at least two procedures.  The first one they will take a camera and a laser and try to blast out the on in the ureter then they will do an ESWL or a sound wave lithotripsy to get the one out of the kidney.  A third procedure may be necessary to get the rest out.  It's not going to be fun.  The pain is really wearing on my poor husband.  He is worried and starting to get depressed.

Our own wedding plans are coming along.  We are finalizing plans. The Save the Dates are back from the printer and should be mailed out this week.  They will also be getting their engagement photos back soon.  Gillian brought us lovely things from T.J. Maxx and I think most the decor is ready.  Still looking for some uplights.  I bought a bunch of artificial flowers at a garage sale to use with the pew bows I got from the Dollar Tree.

I am keeping busy and trying to keep my spirits up.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am writing a book called "So...How Did You Meet Anyway?" It is a collection of people's "how we met" stories.
    I have posted the stories which have been sent in on;
    So...How Did You Meet Anyway?
    http://wwwsohowdidyoumeet.blogspot.com/
    I am always shopping for stories and I would like to add yours. Please check out the site, and if you would like to contribute your "how we met" story contact me at;
    susan.amestoy@gmail.com
    Take care and...congratulations on all events!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pattie!
    Where to start?! First of all, thanks for posting Nina's pics! I wish I could have been there. Joe's advice... nice. You saw Sonia!! I'm so jealous! Those are 2 great pics you have. I'm not suprised Sean hid your monkey. He needs something to do with his time while at work since he never spends it working. And the Von Trapps? Tell Daniel he looks like his brother Neal. And, I want to see a picture of their secret brother. Did Lacee ever tell you about her dream that we were both in? Ok g2g. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you saw Luis? Haha, I'm a terrible person. I still remember how funny I though it was when he fell flat on his back from the pull up bar in the door way falling down. But I did feel bad. He was sore for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annalisa! You always brighten my day! you are such a special lady. I enjoy reading your posts and comments. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete