Monday, May 30, 2011

Shopping for Mother of the Bride's dress and Memorial weekend. Or How I bought a $600 dress for 50 bucks!

I am still tunneling through the things I brought back from Tucson as well as all the stuff I need to get rid of from here!  We are going to have another garage sale on the weekend of the 11th.  Trey and Christa came over and helped us get ready by moving things around since the stuff was just dumped where ever when I got back last week.  Trey thought we should empty Grandma's living room, give it a thorough cleaning and put everything back in.  I have to admit it was a good idea, but very tiring.

They also brought wonderful food and we had a really nice family bar-be-que with them.  Very yummy and lots of left overs.  Trey puts oil on everything he cooks and it does make it taste yummier.

After that, since Christa was here, we put in huge orders on line for various wedding stuff at Oriental Trading,  Wedding Accessories.net (for all her Cherry Blossom items), and Smarty had a Party (for disposable china since we can't use glass at her venue.  We charged so much that when I went to order a dress at Nordstrom's,  they wouldn't take my debit card. I had to call fraud prevention and get it reactivated.  I guess I'm happy that they are looking out for unusual activities, but a call would have been nice Chase!  I mean, what if I would have been out shopping?  THAT would have been so embarrassing!


Nordstrom's Dressing room with #1
Our friend's son, Siva, is going to UCI and occasionally we meet up to Auntie and Uncle him a bit.  He decided we should go to South Coast Plaza.  Good for me, I
need to pick up my dress!  I think he might have been sorry for suggesting it, LOL.  I wound up needing the dress in a smaller size.  I'm not sure weather to say "Yeah, I'm toning up!" or "Yeah, Vanity Sizing!"  Because I can believe I went down a dress size, but TWO dress sizes?  I'm not so sure. They had it in the size smaller, but not any smaller than that. Dress Number One Picture.  



Norstrom's Dressing Room Dress #2
They had the dress that Christa liked in my new size, so I tried that one on. Just didn't fit quite right.  Then I tried on one that Randy picked out.  I wound up getting it.

We had lunch with Siva at Macy's Wolfgang Puck's Bistro.  Caught up with each others lives and had a great time.  Sive, like me is not an Apple fan, so we snubbed them and went to the Sony Store.  I didn't realize until after the mall closed, that there was also a MicroSoft Store.  Oh well, next time.  We bummed around for a while and then I saw it.  Like a moth to a flame, I was drawn in.  BLOOMINGDALE'S.

$598 dress for $50 Not bad!
Big Brown Bag Sale.  I picked out a couple of dresses, but didn't really like them.  The sales lady, Lauren, was so sweet and so expert, she picked out things I would have never thought to try on.  I had never even heard of David Meister.  But I tried on this dress.  Wrong Color!  Short Skirt. Lots of Bling.  I'm just doing it to be nice to her since she is so nice.  It was fantastic on!  I didn't notice the original price, but it was marked down to $99.  I thought that was the sale price.


I hope someone has this in my size!
I tried on a halter dress she brought me in a size too small. Randy said I took his breath away in it.  Well, when my husband says that, I don't care how much it costs, find me that dress in my size!  Lauren checks.  It is no longer on line.  She says it is in one store in New York and 2 in New Jersey and they are both closed due to the time difference.  She will call me tomorrow and let me know the results of her looking.  Keep your fingers crossed!

I tell Lauren, I'm going to take the purple one regardless. She says, I know, that's such a deal on a $600 dress.  I'm like what?  She said, yes, it's David Meister. LOL  I still don't know who he is, but I love his dress!  So I ask timidly, Do I get 40% off the mark down or is that with the mark down?  She lets me know that not only do I get the 40% off, since it's on clearance I get an additional 20% on top of that.  I walk out of the store with that dress for $50.98 including sales tax!!!!  Steal of the DAY!

I will probably take the Nordstrom's dress back.  Or I may wear it for the rehearsal dinner.
Nordstrom's dress that might be going back

Siva in his new shirt.  NICE
Although he really didn't want me to, I got Siva a cute shirt at American Eagle for all his patience!  He's quite handsome in it and, ladies (around 20) he's single!

We did manage to stop by and see my mom.  It was after hours so we only visited for a few minutes.  How come everyone I've told in person that I just bought a $600 dress has asked, "For how much?"  Am I really that predictable?  LOL I think the answer is yes.  My mom, Corina, Christa and even Alex all said exactly the same thing.  I get such a rush out of getting deals!


ExclusivelyWeddings.com-468x60 banner

1 comment:

  1. Just jacked off to the picture of you in the Nordstrom rack dress

    ReplyDelete