Friday, June 10, 2011

T-Minus 3 months!!! & Wedding Stuff Arriving

Today is T-minus three months! YIKES!!! We are two-thirds of the way there. Where did the time go? I guess when your daughter only gives you nine months to plan, it really does go quite quickly. But, I mean, it's long enough to make a baby, so it should be long enough to plan a wedding, right?

All week long all the stuff we ordered over Memorial Day has been arriving. The dishes that look like china, but are plastic (the venue doesn't allow any glass) arrived first. Then the box of napkins. They were cheaper to buy than to rent even with shipping. The non-personalized items from Oriental Trading Company (mostly stuff for the candy buffet and some pew clips) were next and then the vests for the groomsmen. It's like Christmas every time I come home and there's another box!

My dress from Bloomingdale's arrived. I was so excited, but sadly, it's too large and would need too many alterations to make it work. So back it goes this Sunday when I can get to South Coast Plaza again. I also got two pairs of shoes from after6.com. One of those needs to be returned as well. Also, the first set of vests from Overstock.com were the wrong ones, but I got the corrected order two days later, before I could even ship back the wrong ones. I also wound up exchanging the multi-colored dress from Nordstrom's for the one I wanted originally. They had my size in Cerritos, YAY!

So far we have the venue, the florist, the photographer, the videographer, the caterer, the bartenders, the party rentals, the photo booth, the D.J., the day of coordinator, the decorations, the linens, the candy buffet and most of the supplies, the wedding dress, the bridesmaid's dresses, favors, the overnight accommodations.

We still need some more candy, my dress, my mother's dress, a place for the rehearsal dinner, lights for the paper lanterns, transportation firmed up from the hotel to the venue and back for the guests, finishing up the OOT bags. I think that's about it. Still very doable!

In other news, still waiting for Fluffy to pop. She is so pregnant! According to Google (the giver of all knowledge) She should have been done at the VERY latest by last Wednesday. She just started looking for little hidey places last night. I'm hoping that's a good sign. It should be fun trying to find homes for kittens just before the wedding. Maybe I'll give them out as shower prizes?

We will be having our second and last garage sale for the year tomorrow. I could do probably two more, but I just don't have time. So, the garage and storage will just have to wait until next year.

I started a new program at my work called Calories In, Calories Out. I completed my initial evaluation on Monday and my first work out on Wednesday. It will be three times a week for then next three to six weeks. Alicia and I are their guinea pigs, along with a former patient. I'll let you know how it goes!

I spent time with Gillian this weekend. It was so good to see her! I dragged her to my company party at my boss' house. They won the Camp Pendleton Mud Run in both the men's and women's categories. Seventh year in a row for the men. First time for the women. It was quite a victory celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment