Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mother of the Bride's Dress picked! Father's day weekend.


I finally picked out my Mother of the Bride's dress! This is the general style, but the color and fabric will be a little different. I also had them take the dress my mom wore at my wedding as a template for her dress. In a different color and length.

It was so good to see Frances again! She is just the BEST. I'm having my dress for Alexandria's wedding (2 weeks before ours) and my rehearsal dinner dress taken up at the shoulders. Pru went with us and she's getting the dress they got at Macy's altered to fit and Ummi will take hers in on Monday.

Christa brought her wedding dress in and they are going to put in a corset back as well as shorten it to fit her outrageous heels. They are also going to put in a way to bustle up the train. Looks VERY pretty!

They also have the vests that Christa wants for ushers!  A bit of a contentious bone when I had bought a set of patterned pink vests after consulting her only to be told the groom didn't like them after they arrived.  My real problem with that was he was very fast to say he didn't like them, but not willing to help find replacements.  I was going to stand my ground on that one until Frances came up the exact ones Christa liked.  Crisis averted.

I picked my mom up from her SNF and got her ready.  Put on make up and curled her hair.  The girls met me there, but we decided to take 2 cars to make everyone more comfortable.  My mom is pretty good with everything except getting into and out of the car.  She has the strength and ability, but the concepts are gone.  We have to show her every time how to scoot back first then bring her legs in to get into the car and how to hold on to our necks to help lift her out.  She can walk with her walker, but gets tired easily and prefers her chair.

When we go to Frances' whom should we meet, but my friend Corina and her daughter, Alexandria.  They were bringing a straggling bridesmaid to get measured.  It was a great time hanging out with each other as we planned our daughters' weddings!

After, Christa, Pru, Grandma and I went to lunch at Polly's.  My mom is so funny now.  Whenever we go out to eat, I have to remind her to not say anything about the prices and to find something she can eat on the menu without complaining.  She usually likes the chicken pie, but she doesn't want it today.  The girls decide what they want and I know what I want.  I show her several things on the breakfast menu since she doesn't seem to want lunch items.  I point out her favorite soup.  Nothing is good.  Christa tried to help and shows her a few things; she shakes her head.  I say I'm really surprised that you don't want the chicken pie.  She says, "They have chicken pie?  That sounds great!"  We all stifle laughs.  The waitress comes and takes our order.  She doesn't want anything to drink. Not even water.  I order a water and a coffee for her.  When the coffee comes, she adds 4 creamers and 2 sugars.  Tastes it and says she needs more.  One more creamer and 3 more sugars later and she loves it.  We had a good time eating with each other.

Randy has to work this weekend so I took him to see the Green Lantern in 3D for Father's Day.  I give it a C+.  I really had hoped it would have had better 3D effects.  It just wasn't that great.  But there was a lot of eye-candy.

I also got him a cover for his Nook which he loved.  Unfortunately, they messed up the rest of the order and sent Kindle accessories.  But it was still cheaper than just the cover would have been at Barnes and Noble.  And he can still use the light and the ear buds, so not a total loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment