Sunday, October 30, 2011

Grandma Won First Prize at the Halloween Contest AGAIN!!!!

Grandma Sparring with another resident before the contest.
So, the winner is..... Grandma Evelyn!  Two years running!

They have a little costume contest after lunch the Friday before Halloween.  Then they have a carnival that starts at 5:15 where the staff's children come in and go trick or treating room to room.  Everyone loves it.  The kids get to interact with grandmas and grandpas and the residents really love seeing children especially in costume.

Sorry I haven't been able to upload the pro-pix yet.  I'm trying to get some books done at Snapfish and Walgreens before the specials end so I've been neglecting my blog.

Randy outside of Binion's
Randy and I went to Vegas last weekend.  We had such a good time!  We stayed at La Quinta near the airport.  And I mean we could watch the planes take off and land at McCarran out our window.  But I really never heard them and the room was so nice.  We got one with a hot tub in the bedroom and let's just say we made good use of it.  We gambled on the strip and down town, watched the light show on Freemont Street, and went to a K9 competition at the Orleans.  I discovered a new favorite slot machine.  Based on the movie, The Hangover.  It's multi-screened, loud, obnoxious and I couldn't stop winning on it.  It was soooooo much fun.  I even got a progressive jackpot at the Statosphere ($65 it wasn't a big one, LOL).  But not bad for a penny machine.  This is the only pic I have of the whole trip. 






Here are the rest of the pix from Mom's Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment