Monday, June 1, 2015

Time for a new phone!

So, it's a usual Saturday night.  I have both Uber and Lyft Apps running.  I pick up a guy close to my home and drop him off in Bell and immediately get a call from my favorite type of passengers, 4 girls headed out to party!  They're excited that I have cold water in my insulated bags and gum. Yay, gum!  As usual, they are cute and funny and razzing each other.  One of them is getting married soon, she is in the front seat so we chat about DJs and flowers and venues.

BOOM!!! My iPhone4s shuts down!  Completely DEAD!!!  YIKES!!! My phone will NOT turn on.  I'm using my car charger. I'm switching between direct plug in and the lighter.  Nothing!  Finally, it's starts to slowly charge, but still will not turn on.  Real fun times on the 10 freeway!

These girls are so sweet, they pull up Waze on their phones and get us to the destination without incident.  But my  phone still wont turn on.  I drop them off at the club and assure them I will not move until I can end the ride so they wont get charged for mileage they didn't use.  This only takes 15 minutes, LOL.

After I get charged up, I turn the apps back on and immediately get a fare.  I accept and 3 blocks later, BOOM no phone again.  I give up (I'm in Santa Monica again, of course) and just go home.

I am now the proud new owner a ZTE ZMAX phone from Metro PCS.  I LOVE IT!!! it has a 5.7" screen holds a charge forever and is just plain awesome!


UBER Driver Code

LYFT Driver Code

LYFT $20 Rider Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment