Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My birthday on Marti Gras

Don't get too excited.  I didn't party like a rock star or anything, LOL.  But I really did truly enjoy my birthday. Randy took the day off and spent lunch with me.  He got me up and offered me breakfast.  But, since it was my birthday, I decided to throw all my eating rules out FOR ONE DAY.  I got Chic-fil-a on my way into work.

He played warmer and colder with me to find my present.  It was a a Wii Game and some controller chargers.  Nice, but not what I expected.  The bag was filled with Marti Gras beads and a bright green feather boa!  Woot!

I wore purple pants and a green and purple top.  I found my feathered mask and off I went.  Only there was a problem.  When I got to work and put on my boa, my co-worker, Brian says he's allergic to feathers.  I didn't believe him.  I thought he thought I was going to try to put them on him.  So a little bit later, when I'm flouncing my boa in front of a patient, he says it again and starts backing up.  He says he can't even be in a hotel room where they use feathers as decorations.  (I didn't want to get into A. why he would know that or B. what kind of hotel room uses feathers to decorate - not as innocent as he seems, maybe?)   There are feathers everywhere, like my boa was molting or something.  Brian starts turning red and his face is getting puffy.  Whoooooa!!!  I put my boa in a bag for the rest of the morning and had Brian a Zyrtec.  Which he didn't want to take cause he "doesn't take pills".  Tami and I were like, take it now or you're going to have to go to the hospital.  So, he finally took it.  Who knew I was almost going to kill my co-worker with my festive nature?
The Evil Monkey on Valentine's day on his shelf

Randy took me to get a Philly Cheese Steak. OMG I forgot how good those could be, LOL.  Then we spent some time at my mom's and headed back to work.

Evil Monkey on vacation
Oh yes, Randy also brought back the evil monkey he took from it's perch last week.  He told everyone it was on vacation.  He set up an electronic photo frame and had pictures the monkey in various spots around the globe.  Interesting. I came home last night to him putting the monkey in various poses in front of our HD TV.  No photoshop was used.  My husband's a little bit crazy, LOL.

In Egypt
Kristal made her famous chocolate Kahlua cake with candy bar frosting and chocolate curls for me.  I love you, Kristal!  That cake is soooo good.  I don't know how she does it!   HMMMM Kristal Cake.

My little ramp rat stopped by dressed in her JetBlue best, lol.  She brought me my real gift from her and her dad.  A Flip HD Video Camera!  YEAH!!!!!!  I really love it!  Can't wait to use it.

Kristal also gave me a gift card to Black Angus.  I called in a phone order and picked up dinner on my way home to a very romantic time with the love of my life.

A truly lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment