Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weekend Update

Well, we didn't make it to the movies, but my kitchen is clean.  It rained so hard on Sunday that we didn't really want to go anywhere and only went to the melodrama that we had purchased tickets to earlier in the week.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Randy and I slept in quite late for garage sailing. But we did make it to the Rossmore neighborhood that was having a community sale.  We found some good things including lights for the reception and flower girl baskets.Some earrings for Ummi (she has non-pierced ears) and a green pottery bowl for Majella.

We went to see my mom and had a lovely time with her.  She loves hearing Randy talk to her about all kinds of things.  We left her eating her lunch with her friends.  They were watching a movie when we first got there, but no one was very interested in it.  It was Monster In Law with Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopez.Monster-in-Law (New Line Platinum Series)  I think the only redeeming part of that movie was getting to look at Michael Vartan and how funny Wanda Sykes was.

We met the dance instructor, Gary (his craigslist ad), at my work and got an introduction to the Foxtrot and a nightclub two step.  Christa and Trey showed up about 10 minutes late, but we were glad Trey got out of training early so he could make it at all.  It worked out quite well since I am the worst dancer of the group and got a little more instruction up front. The hour went by rather quickly, but I think we learned a LOT.  I definitely want to do it again.  I hope Gary is o.k. with making the trek from the valley for a few more lessons.  Definitely worth the money. He was so patient and knowledgeable.  He noticed right away that Christa had danced with training before.  She was picking everything up right away.  And despite Trey's nervousness, he picked up the steps rather quickly.  I have been practicing both with and without Randy since then. I'm still not every graceful, but hope that will come in time as I get the moves down.

It was such a bright sunny day on Saturday, but come the evening, that changed quickly.  Rain and wind and cold.  COLD?  I hate cold!  But it continued all day Sunday.  Even some lightening and thunder.  Then, while we were out in it, flash flood warnings.  WTH?  But out in it we went.  We weren't going to let tickets go to waste!  And it was fine.  We made it there and back safely.


We saw Back From the Future at the Long Beach Melodrama Theater.  Very cute. Quite funny.  We had great audience participation that night and that makes it even better.  They did a spoof on several time travel movies mostly, obviously, Back to the Future.  Then they did a bunch of vaudeville skits on cars.  Here are some links on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment