Tuesday, April 26, 2011

145 Pounds of Candy and 3 Bridsemaids Dresses Later...

Before I start, one last request to please like Invisible Touch on Facebook and then "Like" this Photo The contest ends in a few days.  THANKS!!!

Our Easter consisted of picking up my mom from Alamitos Belmont, taking her to Ikea to see Christa (she had to work 7 to 3 there and then 6 to 10 at JetBlue) and having Swedish Meatballs, Pizza and Frozen Yogurt.  My only complaint is that Ikea only has Pepsi products.  What is up with that?  It was interesting!  And my mom LOVED Ikea.  We walked around the store.  She was amazed at the prices.  Both how low the mundane things are price and the "exorbitant" price on furniture.  She would actually gasp at the prices.  How much is that dining chair?  $59 Gasp* Oh MY! choke choke.  She's quite amusing.

Sadly our last chicken was murdered by a raccoon on Easter morning too.  She was good little chicken. Well, actually she was quite plump and tasty looking.  Especially to a raccoon, apparently.  We found her in the morning.  The raccoon actually pried the door to the coop open, killed her, dragged her out and eat most of her.  Very sad.  But she lived over 7 years and had a great free range life.  So I can't feel too bad.

We had a great time at Olivia and Josh's for Karina's birthday (Christa's flower girl).  She turned 6 in March, but we celebrated the day before Easter.  There was a visit from the Easter Bunny and a huge Moon Bounce with a slide to go down.  We only stayed about an hour since Randy is still not doing great with his kidney stones.  But we did get to catch up a bit with her family and Michelle.  I dropped off some Easter baskets for the kids.  I only got them from Karina and her brother, but when I gave Christa her the next day, I handed her a Target bag and said, here, this is your Easter Basket. SMH  I'm a horrible mother.  But she seemed to enjoy the goodies.

The day after Easter, Christa locked herself out of her house with car keys inside, so Randy gave her a ride to work.  He then went to the after Easter candy sales and bought a bunch of non-perishable candies.  I decided to check out the Von's by my work to see what they had on sale.  I couldn't believe it!  There were so many great things we can you at both Christa and Alex's Candy Buffets!  I made a spread sheet to see how much of each kind we have and Yup, you guessed it, we have One-hundred-forty-five pounds of candy.  I still need more and different kinds of candy.  But most of it is done!  WOOOT  probably saved about $500.

We finally decided and ordered the bridesmaids' dresses in Hibiscus.  I got all three last night for the girls and they should be here on Saturday.  Again, an amazing deal!  Christa got them on sale a couple nights ago but she forgot and used her own address as a billing address when the card has our house as the billing addy.  So, we looked again to see if it was worth fighting with Macy's to get the sale price when, lo and behold, they were even more on sale. WOOOOOOOT!  More money saved!

I've also been working on some of the artificial flower decorations.  I made two pomander or kissing balls and a pew bow.  I think they will be quite lovely.  I got the flowers at a yard sale for $10 for each huge bin and the bows at Dollar Tree for fifty cents.  Not bad, huh?

I'll update more later! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! We have been so blessed with great deals! Anne your decorations are lovely!

    -Christabean

    ReplyDelete