Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Mom Hates Me

Since my last post on Monday (I know it was published only a moment ago, I had issues with YouTube!), Prudence has moved out.  She decided that since she was with her buddy, Jasmine almost 24/7 anyway, that she would stay with her since Jasmine's mom extended the invitation.  One major issue is that we can't find her cat!  I haven't seen her since Monday night. I'm very hopeful that she will turn up SOON.  So she brought some guy named, Josh to help her pick up her stuff after work on Tuesday night.

Sonia and me at Pei Wei
I had a very nice time catching up with my former co-worker, Sonia and my current co-worker, Kristal at lunch today.  Sonia has about a year to go on her DPT (Doctorate in Physical Therapy) and had just returned from on of her clinicals in Atlanta.  We were all catching up when I got "The PHONECALL"  (Sidebar: This was the same restaurant and same former coworker that I got called at when my mom went into the hospital for the first time on St. Patrick's Day last year) After 3 weeks of my mom complaining about her new and old roommates, they finally decided to move my mom to a new room.  You would think she would be happy.  But she isn't.  They day I picked to go out to lunch with my former co-worker, Sonia instead of seeing her, they move her when I'm not around.  They had no way of knowing, but it's just some bad luck.
Sonia and Kristal

She is so mad at me that the nurse wanted me to calm her down.  I talked to her for about 20 minutes and I got responses like, I tried to raise you right.  I did my best.  I love you anyway (said like she was trying to convince herself and not ME).  I never said I wanted to move.  You ripped me out of my home and now someone ELSE is sleeping in MY bed. They moved EVERYTHING.  All my stuff!  Why did you do this to me?  What did I ever do to you. When I told her I would leave and come right there or I could come after work, she told me not to come until at least tomorrow.

I KNOW it's the disease talking, but it still hurts to know your mom hates you for whatever reason.

I called Christa and asked her to try to smooth things over.  She went in the afternoon after she got off work from IKEA.  Christa called to tell me that she talked to Grandma and that she told her Grandma that she was there at one of the times when she asked me to move her.  To which my mom responded, "I NEVER said any such thing!"  Christa told her, "Grandma that's what having Alzheimer's is like. Sometimes you don't remember what you said."  To which my mom replied, "That's what having Alzheimer's is like, you have people try to convince you that you said things you never said"  WOW

Randy agreed to meet me at my mom's after work.  When we got there she was eating dinner.  He talked to her and calmed her down and she seemed to understand and forgive HIM.  But she just kept giving me the stink-eye until we left.  So, today should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment