Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday, Monday.

Made it through the weekend!

Outback didn't poison me.  A good thing.  But the waitress was not great.  There's always something with me. LOL.

It was so good to see Corina and her daughter, Alex and catch up.  Lots of wedding talk as Alex is getting married 3 weeks before Christa.  And health talk as Corina is now on the donor list for a kidney.  Scary.  But she was looking good and in good spirits.  And I caught her on a good day when food was tasting good instead of "weird".

I had a nice long visit with my Mom afterward.  She kept saying she feels like she's coming out of a fog.  She wanted to know what was wrong with her, how long she had been at the facility, where everyone lived, how old she was, etc.  True to form, she kept insisting on how hard it must have been for ME.  So it was a good day in that she was really there.  My Mom was all there.  But not a good day for her memories.  The 2 things she seems to remember is that Christa is getting married and Carole is moving to the South.

Randy went and saw her on Sunday and spent about 2 hours with her and said she was the same.  She is so funny about her food.  She thinks if they put it on the plate, she has to eat it.  She was still working on her pancakes when he got there around 10:30.

Randy dropped off his samples and gave some more blood to the place that is doing a study on Uric Acid and Kidney Stones.  He is hoping it might help with all the stones he forms.  I hope something helps.  He's been in near constant pain for about 2-1/2 years.  That is really wearing on him and is changing his personality.  Although he's coped with it way better than I would have!

I met Christa and Trey at the Bridal Fair they wanted to go to at the Seacliff Country Club in Huntington Beach. It was a site they had considered, but gave up since there were other events the same day as theirs.  It was a lovely place and they had food out everywhere.  Trey really took advantage of that, LOL.  He was bored out of his mind.  But he hit the cheese bar like 5 times and wasn't sad that the candy bar was there either.  They had a mashed potato station that was REALLY YUMMY.  We talked with several vendors.  Got lots of ideas.  We are meeting with a vendor in Irvine on Tuesday that has D.J.ed and done lighting for the venue we're using.  He has a whole album at his office with pix of the event.

I grabbed a Diet Coke and went back to Christa's house we talked about the various vendors and made a few calls.  She is thinking she will use Zack for her photographs. But she can't find someone she likes for her videography.  I mean she used to teach it, she should be able to find someone she likes.

Nina

The Winner!
Then off to Nina's bridal shower!  I knew I was late since Grace was heading up the walk in front of me, LOL.  But they had just served food and I got Grace situated and grabbed something for her and I to eat.  Nina looked lovely, if a bit hung over.  You should not schedule your bachelorette the night before your shower.  To be fair, her cousins from New York surprised her with it.  Looked like she got LOTS of presents.  My team won the Toilet-paper Bride Game. Then we had to fill out a paper with household products.  Only they said household objects.  So I didn't win that one! LOL.  It was very cute.  They told the love story of Nina and Wolhan using products like Joy, Brawny, Snuggle and Vanish.  They then did some poems with first candles and then panties.  ADORABLE.
 Nina was a good sport and even tried on the Granny Panties.  I left just
as the cake was coming out!


Came home and took care of my Randy by falling asleep on the sofa, DOH!

No comments:

Post a Comment