Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rainy, Saturday, Busy weekend

Christa and Trey went to the restaurant where they will be catering from to decide exactly  what to have at the wedding.  They brought me back a sampling for lunch on Thursday.  Quite good.  Melt in your mouth Tri-Tip.  Moist lemon chicken.  Garlic mashed potatoes and garlic and cheese bread-sticks.  I think they said they would be having salmon and mac n cheese and two kinds of salad as well.  Should be enough there to please everyone.  And Trey's mom is making a huge pot of some kind of Cajun beans too.


When I told my sister, Ginger that.  She said, "Why?" and I told her to bring part of Louisiana to the wedding.  She said, "What kind of beans?" and I said, "I don't know." and she said, "Well tell her red beans are my favorite and no one would be offended if she made dirty rice or gumbo either!"  I told her I wasn't going to tell her that!  Ruger girls, always thinking with our stomachs!

Nina, my former co-worker who is getting married in April, gave me her florist's number and blog spot Nina's Florist  I gave her a call yesterday and I'm waiting to hear back from her.  Christa really liked her fuchsia center pieces.

I'm going to meet up with my friend, Corina, for her birthday today.  She picked Outback.  I haven't been to that one since they gave me food poisoning about 12 years ago.  Let's hope they've improved things since then.  I had always wanted to try a blooming onion.  Well I did and the oil they cooked it in was rancid.  I wont go into any more details except to say when it was hot, you couldn't tell so I ate about 4 pieces before it cooled down.  Grossest night of my life so far.

Tomorrow is Nina's bridal shower so I have to dash off to Target this morning.  I hope no one's bought her the cookware on her list yet.  I love corning ware and I know she will too.

Christa and I are also going to a bridal fair to see about more vendors for her wedding.  Going to be tight, but I should be able to make it to both.

I'm looking at my house and I really need a MAID.  If you know anyone, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment