Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Venue, Found!

Trey and Christa went to look at the Cabrillo Beach Bathhouse on Monday and loved it.  Except for maybe the sea-foam green color on the bottom part of the walls.  But they did decide to take it.  So, I put down a deposit and we are on our way.  September 10th will be the day my baby gets married.  Now the hardest part is done, picking the place and the day.

Inside the bathhouse's banquet room.   
A lady named Katherine from the site, www.weddingbee.com sent me a picture of her wedding
I would have never thought of looking in San Pedro.  Luckily, one of my AFT patients (a program we have to continue conditioning after you're done with therapy) suggested it.  Thanks, Majella!  She has been so sweet.  She even started off my Candy Buffet with a donation of a really pretty jar.  I do really like the venue. It's so historic.  It was the last bathhouse built in California around 1932. It was at the end of the old Red Car line.  It used to be the Marine Museum.  The new museum is on the same grounds but is much larger and more modern.  I've been here several times for Grunion Runs.  I never caught any though.  Probably a good thing since I don't like fish and you have to catch them in your bare hands. Yuck!  It was fun to play in the waves though.

 

Christa is thinking of Aqua, Fuchsia and Orange for her colors now.  We are discussing groomsmen's  attire.  I'm thinking more casual than she is.  A first I'm sure.  Oh, and they have the most important part of the catering set up, the bar, lol.  You have to use a specific one for Los Angeles County Parks department venues, apparently.
I got to see my mom on Sunday after running around looking for more Candy Buffet containers.  No luck.  But I did find some cute "Just Married" magnets at the 99 cent store.  Mom was having a harder day then usual with her memory so I only stayed about 45 minutes.  We stayed in the hall as she was not enjoying her crazy roommate that day.  Her sweet roommate, Helen, is still quite ill and Mom is very worried about her.  We talked mostly about the wedding and Jon's baby, Alexandra and Carole moving to Savanah.  Her favorite subjects lately.  It was raining so I didn't take her outside anywhere.  People in the Mid-west will be happy to know that when I left for work on Monday, it was only 40.  So, see, it does get cold here in the winter sometimes!

My sister's (Barb and Virginia) came to see my mom on Monday and we went out to lunch at Wendy's.  Barb picked up some kewl stuff at a gem show and one of my co-workers was interested in a tourmaline necklace she made.  She says she almost went blind doing it because the beads are so small, she had a hard time stringing them.  She is opening a design line called B-hop and has a little logo idea of a bee buzzing around the hop.  Very cute.

I'm up in the middle of the night again writing this.  What is with women in they forties and not sleeping?  I have to get up early, like in 2 hours, to make a fruit platter for a co-worker's birthday.  She didn't want a cake, she wanted something healthy.  So, I'm complying.  Besides, I make amazing fruit platters.  With serrated citrus and strategically placed berries.  Very nice.

Randy is not doing very well this week. He has a bad cold and his kidney stones are really bothering him again.  He is going to apply to be part of a study on Wednesday.  I hope it helps him.  Nothing else seems to have and living in near-constant pain for over 2 years is really taking a toll on my poor Pookie!

Well, gonna try to get back to sleep now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment